Discussion Questions from our Feminasty Book Club Meeting
In case you couldn’t make it to the book club meeting or are thinking about reading the book in the future we figured we’d post the questions we used to direct our discussion here. Feel free to borrow them!
• First impressions - what did you think?
• “Am I allowed to do this?” Most of my decisions in life have been preceded by this question. Some of the rules women are expected to follow are obvious… DON’T: be loud/muscular/good at math… DO: be helpful/have babies/smile. Some are ambiguous and subjective.”
How often do you think or feel this way before making a decision? Why do you think this is? What could you do to change or reverse this thought pattern?
• What did you think about the chapter on skincare/makeup?
• Did you feel angry at any point while reading this book?
• Was there anything Erin wrote about that really surprised you?
• How can we talk to our friends — especially our female friends — who misunderstand feminism, the #MeToo movement, or why these conversations are so necessary?
• Did the book inspire any changes in your thinking or life?